Key Stage 3
Students with SEND are supported in a variety of ways depending on their individual needs. Examples include:
- Literacy support – this is offered as a discrete provision in small groups, delivered by trained staff.
- In-class support is offered to those students who would benefit from extra help in lessons, however, we do encourage students to be independent learners and not to become over-reliant on Learning Support Assistants (LSAs)
- Curriculum Support Assistants are available in English, Maths and Science.
- Support during Y9 in making option choices.
Key Stage 4
Students with SEND continue to receive support as necessary in KS4. Additionally:
- Students with learning needs are assessed at the end of KS3 for exam concessions and supported in exams accordingly.
- During KS4, students with SEND are supported in making appropriate choices for further training or college courses when they leave school.