Chipping Norton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm, safe from bullying, safe from abuse of any kind, safe from discrimination or harassment and ensuring that we all feel safe in our school environment.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to one of the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs).
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.
There are 5 main elements to our policy and procedures:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues & working on the prevention of abuse, through training, teaching and pastoral support offered to students.
- Following procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- Supporting students who are at risk or may have been abused.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
Our senior Designated Safeguarding Lead is Natalie Hancock. Other Designated Safeguarding Leads are Judith Jackson, Claire Budd, Yvette Armistead, Lisa De Bruyn and Clare Davison.
If you are struggling and need help please contact the Childline organisation – they run a 24 hour confidental service and your call will be answered whenever you phone. You can contact them at any time on ether 08001111 or click HERE for their website